PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Empty
PostSubject: Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L   Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Icon_minitime2/28/2009, 2:38 pm

Here are a couple of pics of the bike after install:

Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Newtank005

Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Newtank002

If anyone else installs one of these tanks, there is a center stabilizer tube the attaches to the headstay on the engine. You will need to shorten it with a sawzall or a hack saw. I shortend mine about 1/2" overall then went to Lowes and bought diaphram washers to put in the ends of the tube to cussion the tank:

Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Whatever010

Then, install the arms on the tank that reach down to attach to the frame but don't tighten the boltstake your regulator/rectifier off( just unbolt it and let it hang) put the tank on and get everything aligned before you tighten any thing. Once it's all aligned then tighten the bolts for the arms up under the tank, you'll need a 10mm open end/ box end wrench to accomplish this. Remove the tank and re-install the regulator/ rectifier and away you go. If you have problems or need help, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L   Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Icon_minitime2/28/2009, 4:31 pm

Looks good..... thumb

Now, you've got some range.

Do the front turn signals clear the tank?
Back to top Go down
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

PostSubject: Re: Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L   Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Icon_minitime2/28/2009, 4:47 pm

No they don't if your hard over, however me being kind of cheap, went to Wally World and bought 2 flush mount LED marker lights and a pack of ss screws for the hefty sum of $12. I am going to mount them on my hand gaurds like hodakaguys but a little less intensive until I can buy the Bark Busters with gaurds. Another tip I found is that it's not a good idea to fill it to the very top because the fuel will weep out from under the cap, so stop filling about an inch down. Feels like a totaly different bike when full.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L   Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put an Acerbis 5.8 Gallon tank on my XR650L
Page 1 of 1