PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Bike-

Go down 
+3
Stroupdog
zrider
MoparMiller
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MoparMiller

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/6/2009, 10:44 pm

'09 FE570
Bitch'n bike so far (really limited ride time today)
Its plated but will never be on the street.
Excuse all the crap- I'm moving to Seattle next week...

New Bike- IMG_0053

New Bike- IMG_0055
Back to top Go down
zrider

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Totally Awesome!   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/6/2009, 11:45 pm

VERY nice! Any chance that thing is going to get a larger gas tank available? I need 175 to 200 miles on a load.
Back to top Go down
Stroupdog

Stroupdog

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/7/2009, 1:44 am

DOOOOD! Nice score! Will be looking for your review of this awesome looking new thinking bike.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/7/2009, 2:14 am

tb tb tb tb tb tb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/7/2009, 8:37 am

That is a sweet bike. thumb
Back to top Go down
MoparMiller

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/7/2009, 4:53 pm

Rode it for a few hours today-
All I can say is that the magazine reviews of the new bergs are spot on.
Handles really well and is very flickable, on par with my RM 250 when cooking though the thick sage brush stands.
Tons of torque down low then pulls smoothly. Gets great traction on pretty much anything (though today the ground had a perfect moisture for traction).
Rode it on some loose sandy steep hills today- I intentionally killed all my momentum in the middle of a hill and brought the bike to idle in first. It hooked up and pulled up the hill with 1/4 throttle. On the same hill my RM would have to be on the pipe and spinning all the way.
In the corners you have to work the throttle harder than you would think to get the back to step out of line and slide.
Suspenders are good so far, evenly balanced for my weight, but might need some more compression damping for fast eastern WA riding areas. Should be a decent out of the box setup for the sloppy Reiter areas. It does deflect when you are blitzing through the brush and take a big hit.
EFI is really responsive and has no flat spots or holes. (I didn't run up too high in the revs today though)
Bike fires up every time you hit the button with no issues.

Fuel range should be about 60 miles at a race pace (I pray...) and ~80 if your putting around.
I dont know of any aftermarket tanks for these. If there are any they will probably be in the 120 mile range. But, it looks like people are plumbing the hollow plastic subframes to carry ~5 Liters of fuel.
Riding a true dirt bike for over 100 miles has no lure for me (unless it is an endurance race)... If I need that I'll take my 950.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/7/2009, 8:59 pm

Sweet bike you've got there Brother... thumb

New Bike- Swedish_flag
Back to top Go down
riverside

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/10/2009, 9:19 pm

New Bike- Mckinn12
Glad you like it Eric. I have about another hour on the motor now and mine is getting better. Springs and tires helped a bunch. The Bridgstones were crap and the heavier springs were the the ticket. Still deflects a bit or maybee just seems a bit harsh. I blasted through the whoops along the single power line headed from the main area at juniper to the parking are we had to use when the road was partially closed and I was hauling the mail. The other guys had nothing for me. the bike still seems a little soft as you stated. I think I'm sending mine off for revalve tomorrow. As you said Tahuya- Reiter will be absolutely perfect for the stock valving. Here is a pic of the blue and orange beast. It just took me 15 minutes to figure out how to put this picture in here and I can't move the text. Man I need to keep working on bikes not computers.
Back to top Go down
MoparMiller

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/11/2009, 3:47 am

Mike- the bike is looking sweet! Racing Reiter next weekend? If I can get a few more hours on the motor I will be there.
I had to pull a link out of the chain to get the axle adjustment back.
What tyre are you running on the rear, S12?
I am thinking I will run a S12 in the muddy and soft areas and a Maxxis IT in the dry rocky stuff. For the front I am between an 756 and a softer Michelin.
I have never ridden a 'stone that worked well in any of the terrain I run ( I don't think the shop even stocks any 'stones...).
I might try running a smaller rear sprocket to see how she pulls wider gearing
I am planning on getting another set of Cycra bark busters and the Al skid plate- The stock one looks like casing it hard into a pumpkin patch would kill it...

This may be the year I move to tyre balls... I lost the rear tube to a pinch when I was screwing with pressures the other day.

I love the handling but am still getting used to the way the rear end tracks the front and doesn't step out with out effort, but the dirt is really good right now so its hard to judge it. I am looking forward to getting the bike onto the nasty single track with logs and step ups, It was bouncing up the 3' dozer cuts with just a little throttle to pop the rear up.

New Bike- IMG_0056-1
New Bike- IMG_0065-1
Back to top Go down
riverside

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime2/11/2009, 9:36 am

S-12 front w/ MS-2/3( what ever it is for a big bike) on the 19" rear. I took out a link also and the orange wheels already had a 51 on it so a very small change in gearing. I'm planning on maybee 14 50 or so once I sort the bike out and get used to it. I went with Fastway FIT2 so the guards tie into the triple clamp. Less rotation when I bash stuff. I also have the aluminum skid plate but have been waiting for a good reason to put it on. I won't be at Reiter since I am a big WUSS this year. Not running for points so I'm going to bypass the torture to me and the bike. If you do go let me know how it is. I've been talking to Travis who has became aquanted with JR Tonsgard w/ the stumjumpers. I hear the snow level is very low still and they are incorporating the "AA" downhill from the Buttsumper 24hr. Travis said it makes him pucker a bit heading down it. Still debating the perfect woods bike. FE570? maybee. 300XCW W/ Rekluse? Maybee. 250 XCW-F W/315 kit and a Rekluse? Maybee. Not enough torque in a 200 for my taste and the 300 seems a bit weak as well even though I know it isn't. I'll be curious as to how you like the 570 in the woods. I have a good idea it'll be a jack of all trades with the smooth power and the illusion of less weight.
After hearing about the loss in pressure after a month or so in the tire balls I can't get too excited. Dismount to re-inflate would suck. I'm still hoping for Tubliss. Knowing Brapp offorad has them I'm considering ordering the 18" now and if Heather ends up with the other two she thinks she's getting I can use them as well. Otherwise I guess it's sticking with the Bridgestone UHDs and dealing with the weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Bike- Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bike-   New Bike- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Bike-
Page 1 of 1